Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Preview 3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Preview 3 Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Preview 3 Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Preview 3 Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Preview 3 Empty
PostSubject: Preview 3   Preview 3 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2007 8:46 am

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mi/20070920a

Hip-deep in work on the new Monster Manual this week, and we're still digging through the Ds. That's primarily because there are more Ds in Dungeons & Dragons than any other letter. Well, technically, there are more Ns in "Dungeons & Dragons," but that's not the point. How about this: There are more pages of Ds in the Monster Manual than any other letter, and I don't mean pages that are entirely D. Oh, nevermind …

The letter D includes monsters like Drow, Devils, Dragons, and Demons, among others. At least two minis from those pages have found their way into Desert of Desolation: the Drider, and everyone's favorite monkey demon, the Bar-lgura (man, there are a lot of Ds just in this article!).

Many of you have been clamoring for more detailed skirmish stats, so here you go: not only do you get pics of the Drider and its handsome companion, but as a special treat, you even get stat cards!

Drider

After a many-set hiatus, the Drider returns. Like its Drider Sorcerer kin of the Giants of Legend set, this Drider has a couple of spells to sling about and might rely on Web to get out of a sticky situation (or put someone else into one). This drider is a bit more robust than the Sorcerer, though many of its abilities remain similar, and its spells are a little less devastating than the older piece. Faerie Fire will help eliminate some pesky Conceal rolls, even if it won't directly help defeat invisibility.

Drider

Bar-lgura

So, do you say "Barl - Gur - A", or "Bar - Lgu - Ra"? I say the former, since I'm not sure exactly how to pronounce "Lgu".

This guy, despite his monkey appearance, is one of my favorites of the set. I love the way his arms are massively oversized compared to his relatively scrawny little legs. I'm also excited about his Abduct ability. A warband with one or two of these could send them forward and bring back a juicy commander for their allies to feast upon. Of course, they are a bit fragile (belying their immense size), so the gambit might be a risky one, but it will always be fun to watch.

Bar-lgura

Next week -- more minis!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com

Preview 3
Page 1 of 1