Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

DeD Preview One!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : DeD Preview One! Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : DeD Preview One! Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

DeD Preview One! Empty
PostSubject: DeD Preview One!   DeD Preview One! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 12:13 am

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mi/20070906a

Whoo-hoo?!

You gotta be kiddin' me. I was pretty much expecting at least one mini from GenCon, and I wasn't disappointed...Well, actually I am disappointed, let's just say that WotC lives down to expectations.

First: Fire Archon=Yawn.

Second: Capricious Copper Dragon= :punch: Uhhh, guys, you're screwing me out of plenty of Small and Medium Dragons (unless I'm horribly mistaken), and you repeat on the Large Copper?! Why not the $60+ Large Silver? Would that make too much sense? Would it make too much sense to put out the remaining (or at least some of the remaining) Medium and Small Dragons? Between this and the v-minis in "random boosters"...."Pissed" does not begin to describe it.

Third: I've read enough about GenCon, and it was weeks ago! Quit telling me, yet again, about the new champion and how you're updating to DDM 2.0 and D&D 4.0! Give me information about THIS project. If you haven't sold me on 2.0/4.0 by now, you won't....and going after the hard sell will only turn me off of the potential 3.5 sales that I can still generate.

:tom: :tom: :tom: :tom: :tom:

I've avoided this phrasing for years (or at least tried to) but WotC, you suck.
Back to top Go down
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-03-10

DeD Preview One! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeD Preview One!   DeD Preview One! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 12:06 pm

If the Archon had been an Unc, I could've used a handful, but as a rare, I'll pass.....Kinda like the Wizened Elder Watcher in that respect. I have no use for another copper dragon, no matter how many factions it's playable in...like CE needed another competitive dragon anyway.

The only good thing out of this preview was the info on the Sphinx and Scarab Swarm...They can't screw those up, can they.......
*Looks at Troll again*.......wait a minute.....
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : DeD Preview One! Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : DeD Preview One! Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : DeD Preview One! Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

DeD Preview One! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeD Preview One!   DeD Preview One! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 2:40 pm

Ok wait a minute.......................

WOTC has lost thier f u c k i n g minds!

There I said it! Why the hell another good dragon, I dont collect them except for the set and thats it.

Bring on a sphinx, and dont screw it up assboys
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

DeD Preview One! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeD Preview One!   DeD Preview One! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 8:43 pm

With the preview being what it is and 3/4 of the article being devoted to GenCon I missed mention of the Swarm and the Sphinxes.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : DeD Preview One! Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : DeD Preview One! Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : DeD Preview One! Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

DeD Preview One! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeD Preview One!   DeD Preview One! EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 7:59 am

Swarms are cool, they just need to be better painted than the swarm of spiders.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

DeD Preview One! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeD Preview One!   DeD Preview One! EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 12:46 pm

Well, I would think they'd probably want to squeeze a buttload of the new looks for monsters into this set. We're probably going to see a lot of revamps, maybe some scaling differences (somebody had a pic of the large copper from AF compared to the pic of this one up somewhere). I like what they did with the new one, honestly. Making them all look different is preferrable, because if we don't like it, there's another option available already that most people accepted. I personally hated the Blue/Green Dragon from 3.5. I don't really hate any of the new ones because they *all* look different from one another. Not just one or two looking different from the rest in a stupid way. The old green looked like a retarded dinosaur, and the blue's horn was just ridiculous. There, I said it.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

DeD Preview One! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeD Preview One!   DeD Preview One! EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 3:03 am

The sculpt of the new Large Copper doesn't much bother me--even if its head is somewhat, shall we say, on the bigger side (of ******* huge, that is). Seriously, it's really pretty decent and if that is actually the look of the new 4.0 Copper I have to wonder why Chromatics got fuglied up.

But the subject? Dammit! Medium White, Medium Blue, Small Green, Small Brass, Small Silver and Medium Bronze(?) are all waiting to be done!
Back to top Go down
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-03-10

DeD Preview One! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeD Preview One!   DeD Preview One! EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 11:31 am

One day in R&D

"Hey guys, In the next set, let's resculpt a large Dragon"

"Sweet idea dude, How about the Silver?"

"Nah nobody wants one of those."

"Hmmm, Red?"

"No way, Most folks hate Reds."

"Ummm, reaching a bit here, but how about the Blue?"

"Even better than that dude, we're gonna do the Copper."

"You mean the one from Angelfire that's widely regarded as one of the best looking dragons we've ever done and is still readily available?"

"Yup, that's the one."

"Wow dude, you are so much more in touch with our customer base than any of the rest of us."

"But wait, it gets better. We're gonna use clear plastic so the tips of the wings look uber cool and....."

Unfortunately, this is the point where the fly on the wall could take it no more and flew straight into someone's coke to commit suicide, thus ending the story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DeD Preview One! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeD Preview One!   DeD Preview One! Empty

Back to top Go down

DeD Preview One!
Page 1 of 1