Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

DeD Preview Two? More like 1.1...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Empty
PostSubject: DeD Preview Two? More like 1.1...   DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 1:19 am

Are WotC even trying anymore?

This is very frustrating from this consumer's P.O.V. It's not that I object to the silhouettes, normally I quite enjoy them. But we seem to be getting a few less that we normally do and the new "preview" is hidden back in the first preview with nary a mention of the new silhouette feature that has been added.

The "Drider" looks like it's spilling over into Huge territory (******* size creep nothing...this is a damned size explosion!) and the "Warhorse" reminds me more of the illustration of the Unicorn in the MM--that might be passable for a Nightmare, but please let that not be the Warhorse. As for the rest of the silhouettes, most of them look like crap. I don't know if that means that I'm going to really hate the set, or that the sculpts are horribly complex.

Given what has transpired in the last month, I'm not betting on the sculpts being complex.

D-I-S-A-P-P-O-I-N-T-E-D

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: DeD Preview Two? More like 1.1...   DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 7:51 am

So let the guessing begin

DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Mi_desprev_1aDeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Mi_desprev_1bDeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Mi_desprev_1cDeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Mi_desprev_1d

DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Mi_desprev_2aDeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Mi_desprev_2bDeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Mi_desprev_2cDeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Mi_desprev_2d

DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Mi_desprev_3aDeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Mi_desprev_3bDeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Mi_desprev_3cDeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Mi_desprev_3d

DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Mi_desprev_4aDeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Mi_desprev_4bDeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Mi_desprev_4cDeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Mi_desprev_4d
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: DeD Preview Two? More like 1.1...   DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 8:31 am

First row accross-the fourth a new Red Dragon
second row-first dragon egg!-foruth the new troll
third row first-drider
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: DeD Preview Two? More like 1.1...   DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 8:35 am

On time, awesome stuff like this is why I'm totally stoked about the DDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/sarcasm]

Seriously, if they can't even take 10 minutes to churn out a preview that could go a little way toward alleviating some of the anger at the whole situation at hand, as well as representing the face of threir product to the masses of folks who may not be angry, why would anyone but a fool delude themselves into believing that they will treat the DDI any differently?

I said it when DDI was announced (and most folks thought it was for 3.5) and I'll say it again, paraphrasing myself from Maxminis:

I hate Dr. Phil, but the guy has a good point...The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Take a look at WotC's past online (or anything to do with digital for that matter) endeavors and it's shaping up to be a bumpy ride at best for the DDI.

The real question is, "How long will the lemmings and drones continue to stand up for these excuses when they're paying to hear them?"
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: DeD Preview Two? More like 1.1...   DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 3:42 pm

1st row, 3rd column: Maybe our war horse?
2nd row, 1st column: top down angular view of a scarab swarm
2nd row, 3rd column: Nightmare!!!
2dn row, 4th column: our troll
3rd row, 1st column: our drider
4th row, 3rd column: New Thri-Kreen?

That's all I got for now...
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: DeD Preview Two? More like 1.1...   DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... EmptyFri Sep 14, 2007 9:52 pm

Well, 2C wasn't the Warhorse, so that is good.

The Ragedrake is less than inspiring though and looks somewhat "off" as in "not-realistic."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DeD Preview Two? More like 1.1...   DeD Preview Two?  More like 1.1... Empty

Back to top Go down

DeD Preview Two? More like 1.1...
Page 1 of 1