Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Good news RE: 4th Ed.!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Good news RE: 4th Ed.! Empty
PostSubject: Good news RE: 4th Ed.!   Good news RE: 4th Ed.! EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 12:57 pm

Woot! Forgotten Realms will get an updated campaign setting first. BEFORE Eberron!! You know what this means right? We won. We finally won. Haha. Just kidding. But it is nice for them to show they care about a fanbase.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Good news RE: 4th Ed.! Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Good news RE: 4th Ed.! Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Good news RE: 4th Ed.!   Good news RE: 4th Ed.! EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 12:08 am

I think it's just a dubious way of gaining support. FR sells, since they want 4th Ed. to sell better, what better way than to put out a couple books that folks will want to use, but..."ooops" they won't work with the current edition, I guess you gotta buy the new one...

Well, I don't feel quite as bitter as I have been.
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Good news RE: 4th Ed.!   Good news RE: 4th Ed.! EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 12:19 am

If you're going to be a player, all you'll have to get is 2 books, which is what 3.5 was averaging. The player's handbook and the forgotten realms book (if you want to read through it at home waiting for the next game, etc.). Add in 2 more and you'll have DM core. That's honestly all you'll need. Over time completes will come out as they were. And 4 books isn't bad, even if they end up costing a bit more. And there will be a month between book releases, *maybe* the FR core book will come out somewhere in the middle forcing a 2-in-a-month release. But you have until May before anything comes out, so put aside $10 a month now. You'll have $90 by the time the player's handbook comes out, and it'll feel like a whole lot less of a purchase. Not trying to come off as a douche, but what I'm trying to say is with a nine month heads-up, you have lots of time to save up. And if you end up playing it and not liking it, $90 will be a lot of 1.0 minis after everyone quits and sells off their collections Very Happy I'm so glad we have a huge cushion here, and time enough to see the releases as they come out, demos etc. I'm just trying to let some of my happiness spill over onto the boards to lighten all your spirits, haha.
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Good news RE: 4th Ed.!   Good news RE: 4th Ed.! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 8:08 am

I will buy this just to read through in case there is more new Realm information that I need to know.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Good news RE: 4th Ed.! Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Good news RE: 4th Ed.! Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Good news RE: 4th Ed.! Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Good news RE: 4th Ed.!   Good news RE: 4th Ed.! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 8:43 am

As will I.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Good news RE: 4th Ed.! Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Good news RE: 4th Ed.!   Good news RE: 4th Ed.! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 9:57 pm

I won't!! Wink

But that's not really anything new. I've never been fond of the Realms.

Greyhawk-grognardary at its finest! That's a joke, y'all. I'm really for brewing my own stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good news RE: 4th Ed.!   Good news RE: 4th Ed.! Empty

Back to top Go down

Good news RE: 4th Ed.!
Page 1 of 1