Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

General vibe towards 4e in your area

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-03-10

General vibe towards 4e in your area Empty
PostSubject: General vibe towards 4e in your area   General vibe towards 4e in your area EmptyFri May 16, 2008 4:10 pm

After talking to Sarah and Emmitt at the FLGS several times, it seems that there has been very little positive response to 4e from their customers. Nearly everyone that shops their is staying with 3.5 or earlier editions. I was just wondering what the vibe was like in your neck of the woods. In general, are people more for 4e, dead set against it, or is there a happy medium of the 2?
Back to top Go down
Chosen of Mystra
Sage of Shadowdale
Defender of the Faith: Connor

Sage of ShadowdaleDefender of the Faith:  Connor
Chosen of Mystra

Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: General vibe towards 4e in your area   General vibe towards 4e in your area EmptyFri May 16, 2008 7:59 pm

We have but a small shop we go to and he only ordered 3 copies of each of the core books and he said everyone he has asked about 4.0 said that they dont like the feel of 4.0.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
DarkFather
Annoying 40K playing Forum poster
Annoying 40K playing Forum poster
DarkFather

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2007-04-11

PostSubject: Re: General vibe towards 4e in your area   General vibe towards 4e in your area EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 1:53 pm

I know of 2 groups that are steering clear of 4E, in my area. But... I also know of at least 6 other groups that have embraced 4E (my own group included).

DF
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General vibe towards 4e in your area   General vibe towards 4e in your area EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 9:22 am

Seems about 60/40 here for avoiding/embracing...
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: General vibe towards 4e in your area   General vibe towards 4e in your area EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 1:51 pm

Only interactions I've had here in NorCal with anyone who plays is a person who won't try anything unless her group/boyfriend does it, and then gives their explanation as to why they don't like it as her own.

I'm going to attempt to hit up the FLGS and maybe leave a bulletin with my e-mail address on it in search of a 4e game, to see what exactly comes of that. But, in my immediate area (my house) I'm the only one who plays, and I moved to 4e, so I guess there's a 100% embrace ratio there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General vibe towards 4e in your area   General vibe towards 4e in your area Empty

Back to top Go down

General vibe towards 4e in your area
Page 1 of 1