Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

WTF Give us the minis we want

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : WTF Give us the minis we want Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : WTF Give us the minis we want Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : WTF Give us the minis we want Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

WTF Give us the minis we want Empty
PostSubject: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 7:52 am

Ok now we have dupes (remakes) of some of the popular beasts for RPG, how about our wants of other classics.

I realize that some are rummored but damn come on give us our fix!

GCube
Rust Monster
Kilsek, Kobold Rogue assassin !?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 12:03 pm

I agree 100%
Rust monster and Gelatonous Cube are long overdue...i hope that DoD or umm DoD will have those two figures covered. If not i am going to try to make a GCube mod.
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 12:50 pm

I'm just about to go out and get all the supplies to cast the G-Cube if it hasn't come out in DoD1, because then it won't be coming out until like july of next year. That would drive me crazy. As it stands, I'm about to sculpt some gray ooze and green slimes.
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

Number of posts : 390
<b>View of 4.0</b> : WTF Give us the minis we want Woot10
Registration date : 2007-04-09

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 3:52 pm

One word Aboleth! they travel land also...so WOTC don't give me that crap.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : WTF Give us the minis we want Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 5:40 pm

Feh. Aboleths are Huge, so they've only had two real chances to get that one out, and they FUBARed the last Huge set!!

I think that the "clear plastic" issue has been resolved with the G-Cube, and then there were some design issues as well. However, IIRC, when WotC posted about the G-Cube, it sounded as if they had most if not all of the design issues finally solved.

And I wonder if the Rust Monster isn't posing a problem because it was based off of an old toy and that might be actionable.

Besides, if we got all the niftly little toys, would WotC be guaranteed that we'd continue to buy Dragonspawn after Dragonspawn? I think not...
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 6:21 pm

I'm currently using the greenspawn zealot as an evil cleric in a green dragon helmet Very Happy I'd really like a gelatinous cube, and if the entire set was called "Gelatinous Cube and 59 dragonspawn" I'd buy case after case until I had my 4 G-Cubes haha.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 7:34 pm

That's just wrong on so many levels.

Not that you're actually using the 'spawns (although that is admittedly a bit creepy), but that you wouldn't just jump online and purchase from a reseller! At $120/case and 1 G-Cub/2 Cases, each one should "only" be about $240 in a set like that...

I don't believe I just typed that.

Hell, right now, I'm about ready to say use a plastic box for the G-Cube and call it quits. Official...smofficial. Nothing is worth that.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 8:28 pm

Heck guys!! Lets find a way to make a cool G-Cube!! I am thinking acrylic gel mixed with blue dye...any thoughts? (goes to start a gcube thread in the mod section)
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 9:32 pm

I put up a response, it looks like it may work out well. I've yet to try it.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 11:54 pm

I know I've seen resin versions, but know so little about working with any of those raw materials (or even plaster) that it's not even worth me making a fool out of myself.

I'm putting my money on an open-topped version from WotC that will allow almost anything on a 40mm base or smaller to be dropped in the top. And if it's not out in Dessert of Dread, I'm betting on it for Dungeons of Dread.
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 11:59 pm

Oooohhhh, an open-topped would be sooooo cool. I severely doubt it, but someone with enough time/patience could chop off the top, hollow it out, and begin putting stuff in it. I'll have pictures of my progress up as soon as possible Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 1:50 am

The Gelatinous Cube is also huge, I would rather have a Bebilith or an Aboleth in a huge set
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 12:40 pm

Is the G-Cube Huge? I swear I remember it being Large....

*Looks it up*

Gelatinous Cube [url=javascript:ShowImage('MM35_gallery/MM35_PG201.jpg',400,288);]WTF Give us the minis we want Eye[/url]

Size/Type:
Large Ooze

Hit Dice:
[url=javascript:void(0);]4d10+32[/url] (54 hp)

Initiative:
[url=javascript:void(0);]-5[/url]

Speed:
15 ft. (3 squares)

Armor Class:
4 (-1 size, -5 Dex), touch 4, flat-footed 4

Base Attack/Grapple:
[url=javascript:void(0);]+3[/url]/[url=javascript:void(0);]+7[/url]

Attack:
Slam [url=javascript:void(0);]+2[/url] melee ([url=javascript:void(0);]1d6[/url] plus [url=javascript:void(0);]1d6[/url] acid)

Full Attack:
Slam [url=javascript:void(0);]+2[/url] melee ([url=javascript:void(0);]1d6[/url] plus [url=javascript:void(0);]1d6[/url] acid)

Space/Reach:
10 ft./5 ft.

Special Attacks:
Acid, engulf, paralysis

Special Qualities:
Blindsight 60 ft., immunity to electricity, ooze traits, transparent

Saves:
Fort [url=javascript:void(0);]+9[/url], Ref [url=javascript:void(0);]-4[/url], Will [url=javascript:void(0);]-4[/url]

Abilities:
Str 10, Dex 1, Con 26, Int Ø, Wis 1, Cha 1

Skills:

Feats:

Environment:
Underground

Organization:
Solitary

Challenge Rating:

Treasure:
1/10th coins, 50% goods (no nonmetal or nonstone), 50% items (no nonmetal or nonstone)

Alignment:
Always neutral

Advancement:
5-12 HD (Large); 13-24 HD (Huge)

Level Adjustment:

Last edited by on Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 12:42 pm

Yeah, it can get huge, but it's Large pre-advancement.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 1:41 pm

The G-Cube is large.

The size was errattaed down to fix the issue of it being too big for most dungeon corridors (which magically all seem to be build on a 10' scale Wink ). I think that the erratta is on the WotC page in their section, but I know that it's official.

WotC had a nice post about the design issues related to the G-Cube, and I wish that I had saved it. You got a lot of insight from the designers and from the way that it was written, I'd be very surprised if we don't see it very soon.

EDITS: Found some linky-links that you might likey-like.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 11:29 pm

Interesting pinky...thanks for the link. Well i fwotc makes a crappy Gcube i am going to find a better way to make one :)
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 11:29 pm

Interesting pinky...thanks for the link. Well i wotc makes a crappy Gcube i am going to find a better way to make one :)
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 11:54 pm

Not a problem. It's refreshing to be able to actually find some of the things I remember!

I'm not crazy, I just type that way.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 1:29 am

Maybe it was Errataed but it is indeed Huge in the Monster Manual, I just checked it

Where did you look Zero?
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 1:58 am

www.d20srd.org/ Best D&D referrence site I've found thus far for 3.5 ed. Most all of the core stuff is in there. They probably fixed it online with the errata, come to think of it. I'll check out my monster manual as soon as I get a chance. I haven't actually picked up my books in a while.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 2:28 am

Lordabortion666 wrote:
Maybe it was Errataed but it is indeed Huge in the Monster Manual, I just checked it
Yeah, I know it's huge in the MM. That's why I posted the link to the WotC errata page.

That's one thing I miss about GW stuff. The errata that they'd put out in White Dwarf was designed to be photocopied and inserted into the books. The WotC stuff just doesn't work that way. It makes it tougher sometimes to remember that you've got all these errata documents.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 4:59 pm

I never use the errata, too much trouble checking the web and all that, I just stick to the books and modify as I like when needed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTF Give us the minis we want   WTF Give us the minis we want Empty

Back to top Go down

WTF Give us the minis we want
Page 1 of 1