Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Monthly previews

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PaSquall
 Rogue
 Rogue
PaSquall

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-03-20

Monthly previews Empty
PostSubject: Monthly previews   Monthly previews EmptySat May 05, 2007 3:35 pm

2 boring things with the monthly previews :

- they are almost never on time (May being the exception), and sometimes vanish completely. There MUST be someone not doing his job...

- They never even give a small hint of the content of the adventure books/modules. I know they don't want to spoil them, but frankly, a few excerpts of a 240-page book isn't going to be that much of a spoiler. I'd have a better chance to buy these if I had spoilers...

That was my minor rant. Bye bye.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Monthly previews Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Monthly previews Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

Monthly previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly previews   Monthly previews EmptySat May 05, 2007 3:44 pm

I think that WotC are working on getting the timing of the previews down to a consistent pattern. I know that the last couple sets have been really inconsistent (often due to illnesses) and I'm thinking that they're realizing that, while trivial in most other aspects, the previews are important to the fans. Especially to a significant number of fans who purchase multiple cases.

"Late" or "Early" are relative terms. What is needed is consistency: be it Wednesday at 11pm (CDT) or Thursday at 11am (CDT).
Back to top Go down
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Monthly previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly previews   Monthly previews EmptySat May 05, 2007 9:41 pm

Things suddenly appearing on time coincides nicely with the whole Dragon cancelling/Digital initiative thing. I personally think the only reason the previews were on time is because so many people (myself included) have wondered how they could be expected to run a timely ezine when they can't even give on time updates to the online face of their company.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Monthly previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly previews   Monthly previews Empty

Back to top Go down

Monthly previews
Page 1 of 1