Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

My Marilith Band

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : My Marilith Band Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : My Marilith Band Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : My Marilith Band Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

My Marilith Band Empty
PostSubject: My Marilith Band   My Marilith Band EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 12:31 pm

Marilith 73
Tiefling Blademaster 27
Orc Wizard 24
Red Samurai 40
Cursed Spirit 11
Drow Sergeant 16
Orc Warrior x2

Map Hellspike

Critique welcomed and encouraged!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Anonymous

My Marilith Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Marilith Band   My Marilith Band EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 12:38 pm

I like it but I am not a big fan of the blademaster w/ Marilith. The blademaster makes yopu want to lose initiative so you can get the +5 damage bonus but when playing Marilith losing initative means they can walk away from her. I like:

Tiefling Captian 21
Doomguard 26
Marilith 73
Redspawn Firebelcher 39
Orc Wardrummer 19
Quaggoth Slave 10
Timber Wolf x2
MAP: Hellspike
198/8
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer

Kilsek

My Marilith Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Marilith Band   My Marilith Band EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 12:49 pm

Ya I was thinking of changing the Blademaster.

You have a good band there. How do the Belchers perform? I have yet to play one.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My Marilith Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Marilith Band   My Marilith Band EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 12:53 pm

Kilsek wrote:
How do the Belchers perform? I have yet to play one.

I like belchers, they are fast, have good auto-damage and decent melee for only 39points. Also Marilith is immune to fire so you can blast her dealing 10 to everything around her. If this kills the creature basing her she gets to activate and move without wasting an turn. Which allows her to walk over to something else and attack.
Back to top Go down
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-03-10

My Marilith Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Marilith Band   My Marilith Band EmptySat Mar 17, 2007 6:39 am

Looking at your band, a lot of people don't like the Orc wizard with the Marilith, usually by citing large math equations that "show the inefficiency of the Dolorus blow combo as opposed to the +5 damage", but you have included both. Most of these I have read haven't mentioned the other things the Wizard brings to the table. Namely the ability to move the Marilith an extra square, which could well be the difference between a full attack and only 1 attack and the fact that he can blast her with his empowered fireburst.I think the 2 have a lot more synergy than some give credit for. I also think that the 20(or 25) dmg AoO from the Samurai added to the Marilith's own could be enough to make someone think twice about moving away. He can also breathe through the Marilith and use her to better place his cone if necessary, which is a nice synergy. The samurai is solid, but can be vulnerable to egging by fodder though.

2 questions jump out at me.
1. Why the Drow sergeant? Seems a High price to pay to add 5 damage to 2x 5hp units.
2. you left 3 points on the table
This opens up several possible options.

1. Switch the Drow for a Wardrummer. Brings your total to 200/8. He does what he does best and can combo with the Spirit for a timely -6 to morale. Downside: Your fodder loses 5 damage.

2. Run without the OWD and cash in the Sergeant for improved fodder that can already do the 15 dmg that the Orc Warriors would be doing with the Sergeants CFX and a fast vp grabber, like 2 quaggoths and a Hunting Hyena/Timber Wolf.

3. Trash the Drow and Orcs to include a mini-beater like the Gnoll Barbarian or Bugbear Footpad, though the Gnoll would drop you to 7 activations. With the Footpad you get a high (for CE) 20 AC and could add an Abyssal Maw who most likely one shots your opponents tile grabber, and a hyena to grab vp's.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer

Kilsek

My Marilith Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Marilith Band   My Marilith Band EmptySat Mar 17, 2007 10:35 am

I actually did substitute the Drow for a wardrummer. The band won me second prize (Bad rolls all championship game) in a cash tournament.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Marilith Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Marilith Band   My Marilith Band Empty

Back to top Go down

My Marilith Band
Page 1 of 1