Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Werewolf Lord Band

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Werewolf Lord Band Empty
PostSubject: Werewolf Lord Band   Werewolf Lord Band EmptyFri Mar 16, 2007 2:47 pm

With CG being so very prevalent, I think CE becomes inherently more viable. As I looked at the WWL, I came to the opinion that his cfx is mostly a ruse. Many other commanders are perfecly viable without using their cfx at all and I thnk ol' Wolfy is a prime example.

Werewolf Lord
Hill Giant Barbarian
Large Black Dragon
Orc Wardrummer
Orc Warrior x2
200/6

Only 6 activations, but that can easily be a tide that turns in your favor via the Breath weapon and the general desire to use the Wolf to take out a fodder piece early to gain fearless. Even if he doesn't get fearless, He'll be MCing at +16, as will the HGB and the Dragon. The wolfs combo of blind-fight and cleave could quickly ruin many CG builds. Does the Dancer take the 25 or roll and risk 40 from the hill giant?
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Werewolf Lord Band Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Werewolf Lord Band Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Werewolf Lord Band Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Werewolf Lord Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Werewolf Lord Band   Werewolf Lord Band EmptyFri Mar 16, 2007 3:05 pm

Nice build, I am always hesitant to play less than 8 figs
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Werewolf Lord Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Werewolf Lord Band   Werewolf Lord Band EmptySat Mar 17, 2007 5:34 am

I very rarely play less than 7 myself and after I test this one a few times, will most likely end up switching out the dragon for something else to get to 7. My main CE issue is my unwillingness to pay the premium for the Orc Champ, Eye of Gruumsh or Ogre Ravager, so they are never in my builds. I have had some pretty good success with the Ogre Skirmisher, though.

The Skirmisher is usually dismissed quickly by most for having one attack, but I find that like many quickly dismissed pieces it remains competitive. Sure, the Ogre Ravager has 2 attacks for the same cost, but it's first attack is at a lower bonus and it's second attack is low enough to be nearly useless.

Removing the dragon for the Skirmisher would lower morale by 2 which lands it at a still playable 14 and frees up 4 points for a hyena for tile grabbing, taking the band to 7 activations, where it at least won't lose an entire phase..
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Werewolf Lord Band Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Werewolf Lord Band Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Werewolf Lord Band Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Werewolf Lord Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Werewolf Lord Band   Werewolf Lord Band EmptySat Mar 17, 2007 10:39 am

I have been wondering if the Ogre Skirmisher would be come the new stample CE beater since the secondary market for the champion and ravager make them hard to obtain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Sponsored content

Werewolf Lord Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Werewolf Lord Band   Werewolf Lord Band Empty

Back to top Go down

Werewolf Lord Band
Page 1 of 1