Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this? Empty
PostSubject: Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this?   Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 7:38 pm

Silly idea for some 500 pt. fun

Strahd(non epic)
Nightwalker
Kobold Monk
3x 3 point fodder of choice

Strahd gives you at worst a pretty even chance of getting your map. Not gonna win a tourney, but would certainly get some WTF's and would be fun to get some use out of the big guy.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this? Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this? Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this? Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this?   Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 7:55 pm

Well you definately would make some jaws drop at a tourney. Why not try it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

PostSubject: Re: Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this?   Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 10:34 pm

If we had tournies in my area, I'd surely play it. I'm all about playing goofy stuff like this. Hopefully I can weed out some spare time to give it a whirl on Vassal this week.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this?   Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this? EmptyFri Mar 23, 2007 3:40 pm

i'm definently amused, tho I'm wondering if you can't find a better commander. The CR is good, but Strahd's other abilities are just sub-par, especially for epic.
Back to top Go down
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

Number of posts : 931
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this? Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this? Woot10
<b>Trade Topic</b> : Here
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this?   Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this? EmptyFri Mar 23, 2007 7:58 pm

I Love Vampires... :asth:
Back to top Go down
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11018554
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

PostSubject: Re: Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this?   Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this? EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 3:31 am

Rakhamon wrote:
i'm definently amused, tho I'm wondering if you can't find a better commander. The CR is good, but Strahd's other abilities are just sub-par, especially for epic.

I mainly liked the +10 Damage he could give the Nightwalker and his CR.
Plus, if you can get bloodstar to stick, the nightwalker is doing 50 magic to that target, plus he can use his Telekinesis to move it in for a full attack.

Well, all that and it's just goofy, which is the stuff I typically play.
Back to top Go down
Chosen of Mystra
Sage of Shadowdale
Defender of the Faith: Connor

Sage of ShadowdaleDefender of the Faith:  Connor
Chosen of Mystra

Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this?   Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2007 9:14 am

I just love the Nightwalker. If it didnt cost soo much I think it would see a lot of play
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
MechaKingGhidra
 Rogue
 Rogue
MechaKingGhidra

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this?   Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 11:50 pm

I'd play it if I had all the minis for it (and actually had some opponents). The Nightwalker is one of those nostalgia pieces/giant paperweights/etc. that a lot of people really wish they had a good excuse to play it, so any usage is good usage at this point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this?   Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this? Empty

Back to top Go down

Epic: So am I the only one crazy enough to play this?
Page 1 of 1