Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG

Go down 
+7
Wraithborne
PaSquall
Pinky Narfanek
scruffydude7
RedSkullz
Sir Bozak The Damned
Kilsek
11 posters

When did you start playing D&D
Be sure to post your vote and reason!
1st edition
When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG Vote_lcap 80% When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG Vote_rcap
 80%  [ 12 ]
2nd edition
When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG Vote_lcap 13% When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG Vote_rcap
 13%  [ 2 ]
3rd edition
When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG Vote_lcap 0% When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG Vote_rcap
 0%  [ 0 ]
3.5 edition
When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG Vote_lcap 7% When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG Vote_rcap
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG Empty
PostSubject: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyMon Mar 19, 2007 9:45 am

Heck, I put up a DDM, may as well do a RPG one.

Last edited by on Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

Number of posts : 931
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG Woot10
<b>Trade Topic</b> : Here
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyMon Mar 19, 2007 9:46 am

First Edition ( Basic ).

Elves And Dwarves Were Classes Back Then,LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11018554
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyMon Mar 19, 2007 10:21 am

I remeber it well, Sir Bozak - Elves were truly the first rangers, with fighting and magic capabilities. Ahh, the good old days ....
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer

Kilsek

<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG Censor11

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyMon Mar 19, 2007 10:35 am

1st edition here as well.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyMon Mar 19, 2007 12:47 pm

Yep another Red Box set user here....
Back to top Go down
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

Number of posts : 931
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG Woot10
<b>Trade Topic</b> : Here
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyMon Mar 19, 2007 12:47 pm

skarnn wrote:
I remeber it well, Sir Bozak - Elves were truly the first rangers, with fighting and magic capabilities. Ahh, the good old days ....

Yes,Elves Started Being Overpowered As a Race Right From The Start And Thieves Started Being Underpowered...They Gained 1 XP For Every Gold They Found,LOL

Oh,And Humans Only Became a Valid Choice In 3rd Edition,With The Bonus Feat And Skill Points.
Back to top Go down
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11018554
scruffydude7
 Paladin
 Paladin
scruffydude7

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2007-02-18

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyMon Mar 19, 2007 2:33 pm

I started with 2nd Edition. I guess I am not as cool as you guys. Sad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyMon Mar 19, 2007 4:57 pm

No - just not as OLD!
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer

Kilsek

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyMon Mar 19, 2007 5:39 pm

skarnn wrote:
No - just not as OLD!

lol

Seems you are the "old" one here lol
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyMon Mar 19, 2007 9:01 pm

AD&D and the Basic set--I started with both...

Of course, I'm no "white-box" veteran, but I've been around a while.
Back to top Go down
PaSquall
 Rogue
 Rogue
PaSquall

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 6:58 pm

Started with basic D&D (red basic box and blue expert box). The choice doesn't appear in the polll, so I voted 1st edition.
6 months after, I met another group of players and I went for first edition... That was so looong ago...
And I still mostly play 2nd edition, with a bit of 3.5 sometimes...
Back to top Go down
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyThu Mar 22, 2007 7:54 am

My interest started when I was about 5-6 years old, which would be '78-'79. We moved and one of the kids who I made quick frinds with's dad played D&D. I didn't know much about it, but was fascinated by the painted minis. I bought all the toys when they came out and still have a bunch of 'em. Eventually I tired of trying to find a group to teach me how to play, so I bought the 1e books and started DMing for just my brother. We didn't really get all of the rules back then, but it was fun and my brother is one helluva role player. I later found that some guys I had known for a long time played and we've been playing as the core of a group ever since.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyWed Mar 28, 2007 5:30 pm

Basic game red box.
Back to top Go down
Chosen of Mystra
Sage of Shadowdale
Defender of the Faith: Connor

Sage of ShadowdaleDefender of the Faith:  Connor
Chosen of Mystra

Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyMon Apr 09, 2007 9:17 am

3.5 I had no choice but to get into the game.
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-04-09

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyMon Apr 09, 2007 11:47 pm

started when I was around 10 and it AD&D it was the orange binder ones....all the great times!
Back to top Go down
DarkFather
Annoying 40K playing Forum poster
Annoying 40K playing Forum poster
DarkFather

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2007-04-11

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 3:12 pm

Old Skool here as well. '78-'79

DF
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 7:51 am

'79 I think...red box...then quickly moved to 1e while using Basic modules (The Keep!!)...played that til 89 when 2e came out...played 2e until 2007...lol just 8 months after I switched to 3.5, they announce 4e
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 1:39 pm

I'm 2nd ed. I remember my dad bought me the black box with the punch out and assemble "minis" that were so damn cartoonish, but I took the pieces so seriously. I was mad, I found the black box on craigslist for $25, and I couldn't buy it...
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 9:38 pm

heh. Someone local has the AD&D electronic game, and it looks in reasonable shape. I remember seeing that advertised in the Sears catalog in the early 80s.

Oh, that takes me back.
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 10:09 pm

Which electronic game? Eye of the beholder for SNES? Was there one I missed that wasn't console/PC? If anyone has a black box (I'll start a new thread with pics in a second) I'd be willing to buy/trade for it. That was a huge turning point in my childhood, if you read my "Stories. Share yours" thread you'll know how much it meant to me.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 11:53 pm

No, this was an electronic boardgame. I never saw it played, though I think I remember seeing an ad or two for it. I was lucky my folks got me the Red Basic set!

It was a squarish electronic board with buttons set in a grid. Pewter/lead minis were included. I'm not familiar with more than that. Sad
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 12:33 am

Haha, crazy. I've never heard about it. You should get some pics off that guy who has one for me.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 12:24 am

Well, it's got a few pictures, but HERE at boardgamegeek.

It doesn't seem to have much of a following, though. Or I'm misreading the site (which is very possible, as I've worked two 9+ hour days in a row and I'm heading to #3).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG   When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG Empty

Back to top Go down

When did you begin Playing Dungeons and Dragons RPG
Page 1 of 1