Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

DDM 2.0 Stat Card Shown!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

DDM 2.0 Stat Card Shown!! Empty
PostSubject: DDM 2.0 Stat Card Shown!!   DDM 2.0 Stat Card Shown!! EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 4:14 pm

DDM 2.0 Stat Card Shown!! SpinedMini

DDM 2.0 Stat Card Shown!! SpinedRPGCard

DDM 2.0 Stat Card Shown!! SpinedSkirmish

Awesome looking. From what I've been hearing, the purple eyeball represents faction? I dunno. Anyways, I love the new setup, the picture on skirmish side got a lot better placement, and there's a LOT more room now. Good looking card, too.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : DDM 2.0 Stat Card Shown!! Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : DDM 2.0 Stat Card Shown!! Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: DDM 2.0 Stat Card Shown!!   DDM 2.0 Stat Card Shown!! EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 10:28 pm

The addition of DEF concerns me. I thought that things were too difficult with Level and Save, and now they've gone and made what looks to be two different ACs (one for (|) and another for %).

I don't like all the symbols floating around, either. We're all pretty literate here. There's nothing wrong with actual, y'know, words.
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: DDM 2.0 Stat Card Shown!!   DDM 2.0 Stat Card Shown!! EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 11:44 pm

It appears you roll against their saving throws in the next edition. On this particular ranged attack, you roll against their reflex saving throw, I would hesitate to guess. And yes, while we all may be literate, I dig the symbols. They look great, nothing looks too goofy or childish, and the setup seems to be great for new players. They didn't seem to change the game a terrible amount. You still roll to attack, you still have a melee and ranged, you still have hit points and movement. I'm pleased. Looks like they may have gotten rid of DR, which would be a bonus. It's just one of those pointless rules that I wouldn't mind gone. It didn't do much as it was, besides add one more thing you'd have to teach people. One odd thing, notice on the 1.0 card it doesn't have flight, and on the 2.0 card it does? Type-o very plausible. And F7, very cool. I like more odd numbers than having most be 4, 6, 8, or 10. Very pointless indeed. Bah, I've got too much to say about the new card. I'll wait until the rules and the maps, but thus far I like 1/3 of the game. Well, I guess 1/2 with me liking the minis and cards having not seen the rules and maps.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: DDM 2.0 Stat Card Shown!!   DDM 2.0 Stat Card Shown!! EmptySat Oct 13, 2007 1:26 am

well just knowing that all stat cards will be updated makes me like ddm 2.0 150% more than i did before :)
As for the card...its looking good from this angle. The AC/Def thing is a bit different but who knows. All i know is All figures will have a new stat card eventually and i look foward to trying out the revised rules. (i am so happy about that)
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: DDM 2.0 Stat Card Shown!!   DDM 2.0 Stat Card Shown!! EmptySat Oct 13, 2007 5:23 am

yeah, I mean, honestly you just appear to have to buy the new starter to be able to play a game. We would have cards soon after the release, and I'm sure they'll start to slowly trickle in. And hell, you could always buy a big bag o' blank bases (say that 4 times fast) and play a phantom warband with printed off cards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DDM 2.0 Stat Card Shown!!   DDM 2.0 Stat Card Shown!! Empty

Back to top Go down

DDM 2.0 Stat Card Shown!!
Page 1 of 1