Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

It is dying......

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : It is dying...... Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : It is dying...... Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : It is dying...... Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

It is dying...... Empty
PostSubject: It is dying......   It is dying...... EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 8:26 pm

I was reading some posts on H-town and I came by this one: http://hordelings.com/frontend/forums/postView.php?post_id=104881&viewPage=0

Please note this post:
Quote :
It is an outstanding game that nobody plays due to the cost.

The figures are very expensive, and completely unnecessary. Had this been a trading card game (with small square 'cards' with artwork on one side and the sticker information on the other (that sold for $5 per 12 cards instead of $15 per 7 figures,) it might have made it. In fact, I think it could have been the next Magic.

WTF DDM costs the same amount and it is living! The game sucks folks! Not that it is expensive!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

It is dying...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It is dying......   It is dying...... EmptyMon Oct 01, 2007 2:14 am

For sure, it was targeted all wrong. I think most people got into it because of the money, and I don't see how wizards could have thought the money would always be there. Honestly, I don't care one way or the other if it dies. More money won't go to DDM, that would happen if more support goes to DDM. Granted, some DBM'ers could stumble over, but I suspect a lot of them were probably burned out after not winning back what they put into the game. I saw probably 2-3 DDM'ers in the area lost to DBM with the false promises of "everybody wins all the money ever!". I dunno, random DBM rant. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : It is dying...... Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : It is dying...... Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

It is dying...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It is dying......   It is dying...... EmptyMon Oct 01, 2007 9:27 pm

It's tough for any game to break into the market. Dreamblade was hampered by the minis aspect (which increases costs) and relied heavily (or so it would seem) on the cash prizes. You can buy your way into the market, but that just gets you in the door. It doesn't guarantee that you'll have a good time once you're there.

The competitive types already had Magic and a couple other games (and got burned on Mage Knight) and the wargamers already have DDM and half a dozen others. I'm sorry that the game didn't work out, but most don't.
Back to top Go down
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-03-10

It is dying...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It is dying......   It is dying...... EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 11:44 am

I never cared much for Dreamblade. I saw this coming a long time ago. The high cost of boosters in general coupled with a large majority of pieces being uncompetitive will work for DDM because it appeals to a much broader spectrum with collectors, RPGers and skirmishers with most falling in between. When building a player base from scratch, it's a model that is doomed for failure.
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-04-09

It is dying...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It is dying......   It is dying...... EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 5:58 pm

I'm glad too see it go! Good bye !!!
We are talking about Dreamblade right?
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : It is dying...... Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

It is dying...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It is dying......   It is dying...... EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 9:55 pm

Yeah, we're talking about Dreamblade.

I just hate to see games fail because the more games there are, the more people that can become gamers, right? Something for everyone and all that.

Someone on hordelings (I forget just who) mentioned that there was really very little reason for Dreamblade to be a minis game. If it were just cards it would probably have done much better and might even still be going. I wonder if they looked at that angle--turning it into a card game, that is. It's an interesting thought.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : It is dying...... Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : It is dying...... Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : It is dying...... Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

It is dying...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It is dying......   It is dying...... EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 10:07 pm

Ya Pinky that statement was in the same topic I posted the link to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Sponsored content

It is dying...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It is dying......   It is dying...... Empty

Back to top Go down

It is dying......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons :: General Geekdom :: Geeked Inn-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com