Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

New Campaign Style

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

New Campaign Style Empty
PostSubject: New Campaign Style   New Campaign Style EmptyMon Sep 17, 2007 2:43 pm

Posted the same thing at MM...

So I'm contemplating a major shift in the way our game group plays. We're starting a new campaign in two days' time. I already have the first two adventures planned out, and the start of a few plot lines. What I'm considering is:

Instead of using the EL/CR of an adventure as is, (ie 1st lvl pc's in a 1st lvl dungeon, 4th lvl pc's in a 4th lvl dungeon, etc) that I would provide each PC with several "leads" to adventure.

Each of these "leads" would include a hint or two about the rough "danger level" of the adventure. This would provide the party a way to judge if it sounds too dangerous or too easy for them. I have never been a fan of using recommended levels as is.

I feel this will give the group more freedom in their choices, and ensure that the choices they do make will have more of an impact in their characters' lives. If they choose something too hard, that's their choice. It it's too easy - they get a cakewalk. (Obviously, I won't make it too easy for them to go into a 15th lvl adventure at 3rd level - TPK every time isn't a fun game).

Opinions/thoughts would be welcomed and encouraged...
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : New Campaign Style Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : New Campaign Style Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : New Campaign Style Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

New Campaign Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Campaign Style   New Campaign Style EmptyMon Sep 17, 2007 5:02 pm

Sounds cool, I am glad we are not the only ones that realize that we as DMs are able to change things around to better suit our games.

Real interested how everything turns out.

Keep us informed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Anonymous

New Campaign Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Campaign Style   New Campaign Style EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 9:13 am

So the campaign I was speaking of ended roughly a month ago...we didn't end up doing this style, but instead did the Temple of Elemental Evil in a Dragonlance setting...we're doing Forgotten Realms this autumn, so maybe we'll give this a shot...
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : New Campaign Style Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : New Campaign Style Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : New Campaign Style Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

New Campaign Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Campaign Style   New Campaign Style EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 7:06 am

cool can't wait to read about it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Sponsored content

New Campaign Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Campaign Style   New Campaign Style Empty

Back to top Go down

New Campaign Style
Page 1 of 1