Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Is the market flooding commencing?

Go down 
+2
Pinky Narfanek
RedSkullz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Is the market flooding commencing? Empty
PostSubject: Is the market flooding commencing?   Is the market flooding commencing? EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 4:53 pm

I am seeing an awful lot of "Quitting the Game" threads on various sites.....i decided to start keeping tabs on ebay for quantity of auctions and closing prices of certain figures.

Aug 26/07
D&D in "wargames other" 772 auctions
D&D Rare in "wargames other" 136 auctions

Looking in the completed "D&D Rare" in other wargames shows alot of rares that are selling cheap....
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Is the market flooding commencing? Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Is the market flooding commencing? Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Is the market flooding commencing?   Is the market flooding commencing? EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 7:10 pm

I know that several folks over on Hordelings are going through their collections. Mostly, I think it's a periodic thing, but there have been folks who have said that they're liquidating because of all the shifts (2.0 and 4.0).

Right now, if I got a decent offer from a reseller, I'd probably seriously consider unloading everything.

I think that there will be an increase in folks trying to sell off their collections, but I don't know that it will be a flood.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Is the market flooding commencing?   Is the market flooding commencing? EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 8:42 pm

I honestly hope the market doesn't flood.(and not just because i have no money..lol)
I found this thread to be an interesting read.... http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=909774&page=5
(hopefully they will take some steps to save the ddm)

Oh yeah.... pinky - I'd buy ALLLLL your ddm if i were rich Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Is the market flooding commencing?   Is the market flooding commencing? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 12:57 am

I think [Guy Fullerton's idea] is an interesting idea, although I'd tweak it just a bit.

Instead of Mummy = Mummy Lord = |Guardian Mummy| I'd probably just do the Mummy = |Guardian Mummy| and leave the Mummy Lord until a new Mummy Lord-esque piece became available. That would encourage folks to hold onto their entire collections because you never can be sure just what will prove useful and will limit the amount of confusion caused by multiple sculpts with the same name or stats.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Is the market flooding commencing?   Is the market flooding commencing? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 11:41 pm

I do like to see some of the wotc staff trying to not hang the old collectors collections in the wind. When wk's screwed MK with the making of 2.0, they really did a horrible job in making all the old figures useless.
At least some wotc staff is making an effort to save the old figures usefulness.(in tourney skirmish play i mean)
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Is the market flooding commencing?   Is the market flooding commencing? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 8:11 am

You guys let me know when it floods and I'll head to ebay...he who collects this game for money is a fool. It will drop to nothing someday, but I do not care as I will play D&D till I drop myself.
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Is the market flooding commencing?   Is the market flooding commencing? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 1:40 pm

I agree. Collecting to play, DM with, even to trade and have display in your room seems not only reasonable, but really awesome. Going into it for money seems like you should have people in suits come by and take your collection from you, beat you with a stick, and give it back to the community. Wish I had me some money. Huge Red, Otyugh, Lich Necro, a few other rares, huge uncommons (ugh, a treant was in there) and assorted c/uc. It ended at cheaper than the huge red at about $77 after shipping. But is that due to the fact that if you searched for Huge Red Dragon it wouldn't show up in the lots because it had a weird name like "GoL lot 4 Huges and Rares"? The market should settle back into place after more info's released. Here's hoping I can get the money to buy some collections before people's eyes open up to the fact that 2.0 could be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
DarkFather
Annoying 40K playing Forum poster
Annoying 40K playing Forum poster
DarkFather

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2007-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Is the market flooding commencing?   Is the market flooding commencing? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 4:58 pm

Hey guys;

Flooding, I don't know. But I just picked up 9 of the remaining 12 minis I need to complete all the sets, and all I am paying is... well, under $200 Canadian (including airmail postage to Australia).

Of the 9, they include Drizzt, Orc Champion, Lord Soth, & Red Wizard.

DF
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Is the market flooding commencing?   Is the market flooding commencing? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 5:58 pm

yowza, collection sale? Nice deal. I was actually just about to brag about my $20 Lady Vol, Skeletal Courser, Noble Salamander, Mind Flayer Lich, Exarch of Tyrrany and some c/uc. You suck, DF. Stealing my thunder, haha.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Is the market flooding commencing?   Is the market flooding commencing? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 11:54 pm

It's really tough to judge prices by open auctions. Those have traditionally gone for a fair bit under what the "stores" charge and they can also go crazy if there's a bid-war or if someone decides to "out bid" his competition by offering an insane price in the hopes that nobody else will do the same...But a $18 Orc Warrior catches more attention than a $50 Drizzt (for good or for ill).

The real test will be in a few weeks after some of the resellers get ahold of a few long-standing collections. Then we'll see what really happens, and if there's going to be a frenzy I'd expect it then.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Is the market flooding commencing?   Is the market flooding commencing? EmptyWed Aug 29, 2007 1:11 am

Yeah i hear you pinky..i would expect a bit of time to pass before the real frenzy begins. I am trying to get some cash together in case a frenzy begins. (not looking too good...lol)
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Is the market flooding commencing?   Is the market flooding commencing? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 11:09 pm

Well, I got another batch of madda's figures and put them into my spreadsheet today...I'm seeing a lot of red on the summary page.

I don't think that there's any real danger of a "frenzy" with folks liquidating their sets (at least not yet), but I think it's safe to say that the DDM Bubble has burst and that the market is currently correcting itself.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Is the market flooding commencing? Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Is the market flooding commencing? Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Is the market flooding commencing? Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Is the market flooding commencing?   Is the market flooding commencing? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 11:16 pm

a family member was on ebay over the weekend and picked up what would be over 2,000 dollars worth of minis for under 450.00!

Now which one of us they are for, well I don't know.

Every D&D related site I go on there are "liquidating" topics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Is the market flooding commencing?   Is the market flooding commencing? EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 1:37 am

yeah, the FLGS here won't give what they used to. They dropped what they pay out by quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Is the market flooding commencing? Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Is the market flooding commencing? Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Is the market flooding commencing? Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Is the market flooding commencing?   Is the market flooding commencing? EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 7:03 am

A few FLGS that I have been to have had many 3.x books marked anywhere from 25-50% off.

The reason for that is 4.0, that is no doubt
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Is the market flooding commencing?   Is the market flooding commencing? EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 1:46 pm

Definately. I'm tempted to get a couple more bralanis, they dropped pretty harshly in price all over the place. But then if it doesn't get all-starred, I have even more useless pieces (besides eladrins taking a better seat in 4.0, I guess).
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Is the market flooding commencing?   Is the market flooding commencing? EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 11:40 pm

Until we get more details on 4.0 and DDM 2.0, I'd expect the markets to remain "soft". I believe that's the way things are in many areas.

The books likely won't recover (this will probably be used as justification that 4.0 was needed), but if DDM 2.0 is a solid game, then I'd expect the minis to rebound (in whole or in part).

Market madness always drives me nuts. I have a tough time predicting and riding it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the market flooding commencing?   Is the market flooding commencing? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the market flooding commencing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons :: DDM Gaming Discussions :: DDM General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com