Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Thoughts on Minis 2.0?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Thoughts on Minis 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Minis 2.0?   Thoughts on Minis 2.0? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 11:50 pm

I'll share mine first, as they're most important Very Happy

I'd like to say, I was a bit disheartened at first. Obselete minis, different looks for classic monsters, general badness. But then I got to thinking about it. It's just like when a new set comes out, do you get mad at the fire giant forgepriest? No, you enjoy the fact that it's a new piece with bigger stats that will level the playing field a bit. And because you can use the minis for the RPG, if you're into that. Now I pose a question to everyone.

How is this different?

I ask this because I see it as now everybody starts fresh, and the people who haven't been playing since harbinger don't have to worry about not having a human blackguard. At least for the time being anyways. They're giving out updated stat card downloads that will be tourney legal (depending on the pieces I will be 100% behind them when people start throwing old carrion crawlers and umber hulks through the windows of WotC Very Happy). Not only that, it may drop the price on older pieces for me to get ahold of them for the RPG! Double bonus, in my eyes :) So what are all of your thoughs on this?
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Thoughts on Minis 2.0? Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Thoughts on Minis 2.0? Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Minis 2.0?   Thoughts on Minis 2.0? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 12:07 am

I'm still cycling through the ups and downs too quickly to be able to form much of an opinion.

While part of what you say (rewarding the newcomer) is true, it's also true that the people who made DDM what it is today are getting a sledgehammer to the junk. Being as I was an early adopter...I know why I'm cringing.

up, down, left, right...when will it end and where will I be?
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Minis 2.0?   Thoughts on Minis 2.0? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 7:34 am

So far the beholder is about the only new look I don't mind. The troll is like a fairy tale troll and the green dragon lost its classic head. Sad
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Minis 2.0?   Thoughts on Minis 2.0? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 8:07 am

Could someone please link me to pics of the new minis and other info on them...i was sleeping all night last night!! ( Very Happy YAY!! )
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Thoughts on Minis 2.0? Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Minis 2.0?   Thoughts on Minis 2.0? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 10:16 pm

Sleeping? During GenCon? See what you miss when you let your guard down for a minute?

There's shots over at Greyhaze's site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Minis 2.0?   Thoughts on Minis 2.0? Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Minis 2.0?
Page 1 of 1