Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Rebasing MK figs for RPG use

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Rebasing MK figs for RPG use Empty
PostSubject: Rebasing MK figs for RPG use   Rebasing MK figs for RPG use EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 6:24 am

Has anyone de/rebased any other prepainted plastics for RPG use? Mage Knight figures immediately come to mind particularily MK 2.0 figures because:
1. They are cheap....A 100 lot of 2.0 figs will run about $15-20
2. MK 2.0 figures have some wicked sculpts...seriously...some of the orc sculpts are the best i have seen.
3. Very moddable plastic. (the rigidness makes it very good for modding)

Here is a gallery to the MK sets:
http://www.wizkidsgames.com/mageknight/figuregallery.asp

Unless you want to repaint the figures as well as mod/rebase them stay away from Rebellion, Unlimited, Lancers, Whirlwind and Dungeons.

Anyone else do this? I have about 6k mk figs if there is something you would like to mod/rebase lmk and i'll look :)
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Rebasing MK figs for RPG use Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Rebasing MK figs for RPG use Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Rebasing MK figs for RPG use Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Rebasing MK figs for RPG use   Rebasing MK figs for RPG use EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 8:02 am

Ya I have modded them, cut them from the base and poured red paint on them and used them as props!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Rebasing MK figs for RPG use   Rebasing MK figs for RPG use EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:40 am

Great use...i use quite a few of the parts in the 3d maps. Did you use the props on the Dwarven forge 3d kilsek?
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer

Kilsek

PostSubject: Re: Rebasing MK figs for RPG use   Rebasing MK figs for RPG use EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 8:56 am

Ya I have used them for various DF set ups.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Rebasing MK figs for RPG use Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Rebasing MK figs for RPG use Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Rebasing MK figs for RPG use   Rebasing MK figs for RPG use EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:01 pm

There have been quite a few MK figures that I saw and thought were interesting. Unfortunately, most of the ones that I thought were interesting were also the expensive ones.

I've got most of the humanoids covered in spades, but some of the others are pretty neat.

Of course, I'm starting to experience storage issues and the last thing I need is more figs from another source.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer

Kilsek

PostSubject: Re: Rebasing MK figs for RPG use   Rebasing MK figs for RPG use EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:22 pm

Ya no doubt about storage:

Chainmail
DDM
Mage Knight

Uhmmm want am I going to stop collecting/obtaining?
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Rebasing MK figs for RPG use   Rebasing MK figs for RPG use EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:35 pm

Those look great, flipping through some of the galleries. Only problem being, my LGS doesn't sell MK anymore (replaced by heroclix avengers boosters)
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Rebasing MK figs for RPG use   Rebasing MK figs for RPG use EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 3:23 pm

Well if there is certain figures you guys would like dont hesitate to ask...i am happy to look through my collection.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rebasing MK figs for RPG use   Rebasing MK figs for RPG use EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 12:31 am

This is a pretty good idea RedSkullz. I've been thinking about picking out a sculpt I like in MK, HC, and maybe even Haloclix when it comes out and making some custom superheroes when I play HC games and even D&D games. Just got to find the figure or figures I like the best repaint them, create a custom dial and print it then play away. May make one for my little sister so she doesn't feel left out when we play against each other.

Last edited by on Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Rebasing MK figs for RPG use   Rebasing MK figs for RPG use EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 12:57 am

Shadow40 wrote:
This is a pretty good idea RedSkullz. I've been thinking about picking out a sculpt I like in MK, HC, and maybe even Haloclix when it comes out and making a custom figure to represent me when I play HC games and even D&D games. Just got to find the figure or figures I like the best repaint them, create a custom dial and print it then play away. May make one for my little sister so she doesn't feel left out when we play against each other.

Lol...i think we "normal" citizens would be better represented as a pog. (bystander) LOL
Unless you and your sistert are actually martial arts masters and have forgotten to tell us about it lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rebasing MK figs for RPG use   Rebasing MK figs for RPG use EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 1:04 am

RedSkullz wrote:
Shadow40 wrote:
This is a pretty good idea RedSkullz. I've been thinking about picking out a sculpt I like in MK, HC, and maybe even Haloclix when it comes out and making a custom figure to represent me when I play HC games and even D&D games. Just got to find the figure or figures I like the best repaint them, create a custom dial and print it then play away. May make one for my little sister so she doesn't feel left out when we play against each other.

Lol...i think we "normal" citizens would be better represented as a pog. (bystander) LOL
Unless you and your sistert are actually martial arts masters and have forgotten to tell us about it lol!

Their more of "What if figures" like if we lived in the Marvel or DC universe and had powers. Or something happened to give us powers. Just looking to make the game more interesting. Create a history for the figure and make the game more personal. They don't even have to be us, just something to rope my sister into even more games so I don't have to play the game by myself.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rebasing MK figs for RPG use   Rebasing MK figs for RPG use EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 1:10 am

She loves the Moonstar figure so much I probably would make a mod with it. Maybe create a little bit of a better dial but not Superman or Thor level. Probably in the 50-100 point range which is not uber-powerful. I've been thinking about repainting Deadpool because I like the sculpt. Make his dial more of a RCE piece. I wouldn't have many powers but it would be fun. Like I said before a "What if piece", hell even a, "Elseworlds piece", if your a DC fan.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rebasing MK figs for RPG use   Rebasing MK figs for RPG use EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 1:17 am

Shadow40 wrote:

I think I worded this wrong, I meant for me and my sister to create our own custom superhero to play with in an hc game. That would draw my sister to so many more games if she had a figure that she created and liked.

I wish I was a martial arts master, I would have a dial like Shang Chi.

But I also considered doing a custom clix that was an Archery master like Hawkeye or Green Arrow :elf: .

I just like creating characters than giving them 3d representations in my games. Been that way ever since I was little
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Rebasing MK figs for RPG use   Rebasing MK figs for RPG use EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 1:31 am

Shadow40 wrote:
Shadow40 wrote:

I think I worded this wrong, I meant for me and my sister to create our own custom superhero to play with in an hc game. That would draw my sister to so many more games if she had a figure that she created and liked.

I wish I was a martial arts master, I would have a dial like Shang Chi.

But I also considered doing a custom clix that was an Archery master like Hawkeye or Green Arrow :elf: .

I just like creating characters than giving them 3d representations in my games. Been that way ever since I was little

Ahh okay...cool. Sounds like a fun project :)
Well let me know if there is any mk you need for mods. I am happy so send some out your way :)
You may also want to look into getting some "green stuff" (kneadatite)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rebasing MK figs for RPG use   Rebasing MK figs for RPG use EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 1:36 am

I wish I was a comic writer so I could create a new hero and keep his story alive in the comic. Make it fun and interesting but have a real story to tell like they used to back when comics actually told a story in 1 issue instead of a damn 6 story arc that takes forever and wastes my money just to complete the story. Sorry I really hate how they don't finish a story very often in 1 issue anymore.

Making a pog of me and my sister would be funny. We would be bystanders for sure. With low attack and defense values. It would be pretty fun actually.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Rebasing MK figs for RPG use   Rebasing MK figs for RPG use EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 9:10 pm

Yeah old comics definitely have a story to tell...new comics are all about the artwork. There is little more than a line or two on a full page of any comics made in the last 10 years...lol
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Rebasing MK figs for RPG use Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Rebasing MK figs for RPG use Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Rebasing MK figs for RPG use   Rebasing MK figs for RPG use EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 12:01 am

But, with all that artwork, it might be possible to find a suitable source material for a bystander pog that would resemble not only yourself but also your friends.

Which would result in a truly customized experience!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rebasing MK figs for RPG use   Rebasing MK figs for RPG use EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 12:07 am

Pinky Narfanek wrote:
But, with all that artwork, it might be possible to find a suitable source material for a bystander pog that would resemble not only yourself but also your friends.

Which would result in a truly customized experience!

Good idea, bystanders are fun to play with and I can put us into a hostage situation or something. Or kill them off at my pleasure Twisted Evil . While they look on in shock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rebasing MK figs for RPG use   Rebasing MK figs for RPG use Empty

Back to top Go down

Rebasing MK figs for RPG use
Page 1 of 1