Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Enough with the new Mini epic cards!

Go down 
+2
Sir Bozak The Damned
Kilsek
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Enough with the new Mini epic cards! Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Enough with the new Mini epic cards! Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Enough with the new Mini epic cards! Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Enough with the new Mini epic cards! Empty
PostSubject: Enough with the new Mini epic cards!   Enough with the new Mini epic cards! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 3:04 pm

Whether you screwed up by not making new minis epics in the sets or you are trying to suck more money from "newer" players, stop making the epic cards for new minis.

You are forgetting about us original buyers, You know those of us that have made you loads of money-ya us, the ones that have been there since Harbinger. Show us some love by making the first aspects PLAYABLE epic cards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

Number of posts : 931
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Enough with the new Mini epic cards! Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Enough with the new Mini epic cards! Woot10
<b>Trade Topic</b> : Here
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the new Mini epic cards!   Enough with the new Mini epic cards! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 3:55 pm

Yeah,The Bastards Had Promised An EPIC In Unhallowed For EVERY Faction.

Apparently CG Is NOT a Faction...
Back to top Go down
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11018554
Kilsek
Encounter Killer

Kilsek

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the new Mini epic cards!   Enough with the new Mini epic cards! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 4:00 pm

lol ya, they have issues with every set
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the new Mini epic cards!   Enough with the new Mini epic cards! EmptySat Jul 21, 2007 1:11 am

I personnaly would like an aspect of Demogorgon but I don't really care about other older rares
Back to top Go down
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the new Mini epic cards!   Enough with the new Mini epic cards! EmptySat Jul 21, 2007 10:28 am

There are so many older pieces which deserve a card.
Orcus, Demogorgon, Bane, Centaur Hero, Drider Sorcerer, Barbed Devil, Hezrou, Frenzied Berserker, Rakshasa, Lich Necromancer, Lareth, LSD, Orc Champion, Thayan Knight, LRD....
I would be happy with 1 out of 6 being old, or even an online only release....C'mon...throw us grognards a fricken' bone here.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer

Kilsek

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the new Mini epic cards!   Enough with the new Mini epic cards! EmptySat Jul 21, 2007 10:42 am

The aspects are a must!
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the new Mini epic cards!   Enough with the new Mini epic cards! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 10:25 pm

Definately! I'd also like to see some interesting ones, Half-Elf Bow Initiate, Ryld Argith, King Obould!, Champion of Eilistraee with updated beater commander stats (to make it viable, at least in epic. Also, why let such a beautiful sculpt go to waste?), Red Wizard!, and of course, the 3rd upgrade from the axe to worg rider to epic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

Number of posts : 931
<b>Trade Topic</b> : Here
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the new Mini epic cards!   Enough with the new Mini epic cards! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 11:18 pm

A Snig Epic...Interesting...Maybe Make Him Medium Due To a Permanent "Enlarge" Spell And Give Him Large Worgs And Goblin Berserkers To Command,Woo Hoo !
Back to top Go down
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11018554
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the new Mini epic cards!   Enough with the new Mini epic cards! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 11:25 pm

This is one of those issues where I can see both sides of the issue.

On the side of the "been here awhile" player, it would be really nice if WotC acknowledged our participation in supporting, growing and otherwise spreading the word of their game by giving us a few more Epic Cards for existing minis. It lets us feel like we matter/belong and it's fun for us to dust off some of the old pieces that weren't quite "there" or that have been eclipsed by newer figures.

On the other side of the issue, the newer players are getting a bit of a bonus (and driving sales) because when they play in the league games and get the Epic Celestial Warden card, they now have more of a reason to try and track down that Rare or gather a couple more Uncommons into their collection. Epic Cards for older figures don't really do that. If there's an Epic Aspect of Demogorgon released, we're not going to see the sales of Archfiends bounce up (unless they re-release it like they did for Deathknell and Underdark).

Not only that, but if Epic Cards are released for more older figures, that will increase the amount of playtesting time on older, less available figures and seeing how they mix with today's environment. While that doesn't seem like a big deal to most of us, it costs WotC more money on what is supposed to be a freebie. Higher costs and no appreciable bump in sales does not a winner make.

Does it suck? Sorta.
Will it change? Probably not, but we might see the odd card thrown in to keep us old grumps from popping our blood pressure through the roof. But, even then, we'll get just enough to keep us from being too upset.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the new Mini epic cards!   Enough with the new Mini epic cards! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 11:42 pm

I do see the business side of what you are saying pinky. But...as you guys have pointed out there is so many older figures that could be made into awesome epics.
I dont think the cost of printing 10 or 20 thousand cards will bankrupt wotc, so why wouldnt they make 'em? Making non playable figures suddenly playable with a good epic card is a dream come true Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the new Mini epic cards!   Enough with the new Mini epic cards! EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 1:17 am

Being able to order a bundle of retro-epics (even if non-legal) would make them a buttload of money though, and free up the league nights for new epics. Say, make it enough money for them to break even or make $.02 per card. Think of the millions of cards that will sell. On cardboard with some ink on it. They would make a huge return. It could be sent out in ziploc baggies and people would crap. I don't see why it's such a big deal, and has to be done a certain way. Obviously what was once thought to be ideal can become out of date pretty quickly. [/rant]
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the new Mini epic cards!   Enough with the new Mini epic cards! EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 1:47 am

Hmm...thats a very interesting thought you have there zero....i will tell you that i would definitely buy a pack of stat cards!! (even non legal)
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer

Kilsek

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the new Mini epic cards!   Enough with the new Mini epic cards! EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 9:25 am

I cosign Zero's rant!
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the new Mini epic cards!   Enough with the new Mini epic cards! EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 4:29 pm

I myself would buy 2 packs of this, because I like hanging on to multiple cards if I have multiple figs, even if I don't plan on holding on to 2 of everything. And again, for cards and basic packaging, expenses would be light on WotC's side of things, and they could make a lot of bank back. I only said non-legal to save time and money from R&D, making less people you'd have to pay. But if they could get tourney legal cards out like that, I know millions-billions doesn't sound like much to a company like WotC, but it's still more money for a company picnic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the new Mini epic cards!   Enough with the new Mini epic cards! Empty

Back to top Go down

Enough with the new Mini epic cards!
Page 1 of 1