Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Cool Details for Forest 3d map

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Cool Details for Forest 3d map Empty
PostSubject: Cool Details for Forest 3d map   Cool Details for Forest 3d map EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 5:33 am

Here is another thread dedicated to another 3d map "The Forest of Doom"
Plans i have so far for this map are minimal. This map is going to be connected to the northern edge of "Scorpion Swamp" and to the eastern edge of "Mountain to Underdark".
This map will be the transition from swamp (southern edge) to rock (western edge)
I am planning a river system and a series of beaver ponds throughout this map along with alot of varied hills/ambush points.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Cool Details for Forest 3d map Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Cool Details for Forest 3d map Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Cool Details for Forest 3d map Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Cool Details for Forest 3d map   Cool Details for Forest 3d map EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 7:54 am

Trees!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Cool Details for Forest 3d map   Cool Details for Forest 3d map EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 10:03 pm

Yes trees!! The forest of doom will Definitely have trees Very Happy
The varied hills/ambush points will definitely contain many trees and bushes :)
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Cool Details for Forest 3d map   Cool Details for Forest 3d map EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 10:19 pm

Dire wolf stalking around? Small encampment/old camp site? Some critters hanging around in the trees? A forest comprised entirely of treants? I dunno, forest is my favorite area to be in (I'm slightly elvish at heart) but I can never really think of how to populate a forest interestingly.... Hmm... I'll try again later when I'm not half-dead Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Cool Details for Forest 3d map   Cool Details for Forest 3d map EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 10:43 pm

ZER0 wrote:
Dire wolf stalking around? Small encampment/old camp site? Some critters hanging around in the trees? A forest comprised entirely of treants? I dunno, forest is my favorite area to be in (I'm slightly elvish at heart) but I can never really think of how to populate a forest interestingly.... Hmm... I'll try again later when I'm not half-dead Very Happy

An abandoned camp would look wicked for sure...that is something i would like to put in it for sure...
Wait a sec....your favorite place to be is the forest and you live in Sacramento? Man move to canada....sooooooooooooo much wilderness here. (i am at home in the forest Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Cool Details for Forest 3d map   Cool Details for Forest 3d map EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 11:14 pm

Ha, I wish. I need to get a little financially secure, but it's been my dream to live in Canada (any part) for a loooong time. Even the frozen north. Well, I'd have to say snowy plains (think frostburn Very Happy) is my favorite place to be, followed by forest. Hence why I've fallen in love with Canada over the years. At least a visit.....
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Cool Details for Forest 3d map   Cool Details for Forest 3d map EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 11:23 pm

Northern ontario is such a nice area. Land is also very cheap.(like 20 acres with a moderate 3 bedroom house for under $70k)
Financial stability is a requirement though as most local jobs pay very little money......
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Cool Details for Forest 3d map   Cool Details for Forest 3d map EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 11:26 pm

That sounds amazing. I think I should go through for something in the computer field. I'm hating sacramento more and more by the day...
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Cool Details for Forest 3d map Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Cool Details for Forest 3d map Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Cool Details for Forest 3d map   Cool Details for Forest 3d map EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 12:43 am

Forest? I can't see the forest. There's all these trees in the way...

OK, seriously, though. Forest. Forest. Forest...

Spider Web/Ettercap thicket. We've got all these spiders see, and they've got to live somewhere. And there's all those branches for climbing, hanging on and attaching webs.

Trail. Game or caravan trails.

Zinj! Seriously, an overgrown city...You can find columns and statues that are about the right scale at a pet store (fish decorations of all things)

Elf settlement? Something where the buildings are carved out of/into the trees (Solace in DragonLance, parts of the Elven kingdoms in LotR, etc.).

A hermit's/witch's hut or just a spooky old cabin. Maybe even on chicken legs? Naa, that'd be too mean. But there could be a creepy well and oversized oven for effect.

A "Stonehenge" circle in a clearing.

Waterfall near the edge (or even on the Mountain).

An abandoned cemetary, nice and overgrown but with a fresh grave dug.

Barrow.

Ugh. I think I'm tapped out already. I'm trying to avoid repeating everything from other threads and it's getting much more difficult...
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Cool Details for Forest 3d map   Cool Details for Forest 3d map EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:08 am

Spider web thickets 100% for sure...possibly even a small spider infested caving system. Also thinking about a wolf den/feeding ground. Some trap ideas are spike pits, cleverly concealed boulder and tree deadfall traps. More to come soon enough....
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Cool Details for Forest 3d map   Cool Details for Forest 3d map EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:59 pm

Small tunnel systems, would be good, too. A couple entry/exit holes for Medium sized creatures would really be all that you'd have to include...including a lift off section for the tunnels would be excessive and you would probably be better served by having a seperate map for the tunnels (paper and very changable from encounter to encounter).
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Cool Details for Forest 3d map   Cool Details for Forest 3d map EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 3:57 pm

That is a friggin excellent idea pinky..i will definitely be adding in a number of areas that will access the paper tunnels. In fact i am going to add a few into the garrison map as well.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Cool Details for Forest 3d map   Cool Details for Forest 3d map EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 4:45 pm

Thank the History Channel and their shows on Viet Nam. Those tunnels were scary business.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Cool Details for Forest 3d map   Cool Details for Forest 3d map EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 11:17 pm

Here is a structure that i want for the Forest map (needs to be simplified)
From Ian Livingstone's novel "The Forest of Doom"

Cool Details for Forest 3d map DDcustom097
Cool Details for Forest 3d map DDcustom096
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Cool Details for Forest 3d map   Cool Details for Forest 3d map EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 12:56 am

Holy cow...that's 10 levels! "Simplification" is an understatment.

And, of course, when I don't mention "Wizard's Tower" what do you go and find?

:roflmao:
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Cool Details for Forest 3d map   Cool Details for Forest 3d map EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 1:23 am

Pinky Narfanek wrote:
Holy cow...that's 10 levels! "Simplification" is an understatment.

And, of course, when I don't mention "Wizard's Tower" what do you go and find?

:roflmao:

LOL yeah i know...definitely an understatement. I am actually making a majorly simplified wizards tower based on this one. I am going to keep the building "modular" though. (it wont fit for all forest adventures so i'll keep this one removeable)
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Cool Details for Forest 3d map   Cool Details for Forest 3d map EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 1:29 am

That sounds way awesome. Like, a stackable, multi storied tower?
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Cool Details for Forest 3d map   Cool Details for Forest 3d map EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 1:42 am

Yep a stackable multilevel tower...i figure 4 or five levels....hmm actually 6 levels. I will make 2 "roofs" though, so the building can be split into 2 different dwellings for in town :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cool Details for Forest 3d map   Cool Details for Forest 3d map Empty

Back to top Go down

Cool Details for Forest 3d map
Page 1 of 1