Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

I want to update a adventure to 3.5

Go down 
+2
ZER0
Lord of the Dead
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord of the Dead
 Brawler
 Brawler
Lord of the Dead

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-08-03

I want to update a adventure to 3.5 Empty
PostSubject: I want to update a adventure to 3.5   I want to update a adventure to 3.5 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 10:17 am

I am thinking of updating the adventure, "Night of the Walking Dead" to 3.5. Anyone with pointers on how to do this properly?
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: I want to update a adventure to 3.5   I want to update a adventure to 3.5 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 12:28 pm

hmmm, I would definately say some of it will be really easy. Changing initiative barely. Armor stayed the same, what it gave you changed. Same with weapons. I'm not exactly familiar with the module in question. I've heard from people that level x now is equal to level y then. I"m not certain so I don't want to post real numbers. As far as everything else, when you need to get a monster, go into a 3.5 sourcebook and start adjusting. You may need to go through and roll up NPC's and BBEG's from scratch, but I'd have to see some examples.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : I want to update a adventure to 3.5 Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : I want to update a adventure to 3.5 Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : I want to update a adventure to 3.5 Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: I want to update a adventure to 3.5   I want to update a adventure to 3.5 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 12:43 pm

I believe I have that adventure, will have to check and see as I still havent unpacked a lot of stuff.

I will let you know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: I want to update a adventure to 3.5   I want to update a adventure to 3.5 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 5:37 pm

The big pain will be looking at the monsters included and seeing if the encounters are balanced and, if not, balancing them.

I ran Against the Giants 25th anniversary Edition in 3.5, but mostly just did it off the cuff as opposed to writing/typing it out.
Back to top Go down
Lord of the Dead
 Brawler
 Brawler
Lord of the Dead

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: I want to update a adventure to 3.5   I want to update a adventure to 3.5 EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 8:30 pm

Thanks for the info guys.
Back to top Go down
Chosen of Mystra
Sage of Shadowdale
Defender of the Faith: Connor

Sage of ShadowdaleDefender of the Faith:  Connor
Chosen of Mystra

Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: I want to update a adventure to 3.5   I want to update a adventure to 3.5 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 10:35 am

Kilsek does have this adventure but he has been busy with some stuff.

He has indeed taken it from the bookshelf to prepare to read.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : I want to update a adventure to 3.5 Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : I want to update a adventure to 3.5 Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: I want to update a adventure to 3.5   I want to update a adventure to 3.5 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 4:39 pm

All the updating of encounters is generally what makes me nervous to even think about attempting such an upgrade. Although I had very few modules (Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain and the collected Scourge of the Slavelords) I don't think I know where any of them are anymore.

Still, after seeing what went into the revised WPM, *whew*, that seems like a lot of effort. I think it would almost easier to just build a new adventure from scratch.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I want to update a adventure to 3.5   I want to update a adventure to 3.5 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 3:46 pm

In some ways I agree Pinky...doing it Wraith's way does allow for less work, but then it makes it harder to judge balance...as far as restatting Night of the Walking Dead, the BBEG will be the hardest part - like most RL Lords, he's a unique creature...or was up until they released the RL Monstrous Compendium after releasing this adventure...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to update a adventure to 3.5   I want to update a adventure to 3.5 Empty

Back to top Go down

I want to update a adventure to 3.5
Page 1 of 1