Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

How long is too long?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SkYlyn3
 Rogue
 Rogue
SkYlyn3

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-04-17

How long is too long? Empty
PostSubject: How long is too long?   How long is too long? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 1:50 pm

So, my question pertains mainly to: How long should you wait to hear back on a trade before you give the trade the old heave-ho? I had someone post in my trade thread that they wanted to do a deal (not here, another site). I promptly sent them an offer, to which they have not yet responded. It has been almost four days since then. How long does courtesy say I wait?
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : How long is too long? Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : How long is too long? Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : How long is too long? Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: How long is too long?   How long is too long? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 1:54 pm

For me 4 days would be more than enough. Send a pm or email and state that you are going to pull the offer if there is no response.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How long is too long?   How long is too long? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 5:33 pm

One week. Some people access the net at work, others when they're at home. One week is enough time for both types to consider your offer. If they do not reply within one week, it is either they have yet to see your offer or they just don't care. It is up to you to follow up or just rescind the offer.
Back to top Go down
DarkFather
Annoying 40K playing Forum poster
Annoying 40K playing Forum poster
DarkFather

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2007-04-11

PostSubject: Re: How long is too long?   How long is too long? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 7:14 pm

I agree, 1 week.

Mind you, I am impatient. so my '1 week' is usually more like 4 days, then a reminder PM/email.

It also depends on 'time of trade'. If the trade is offered at these times (in between sets - quiet time - lull), then 1 week is ample. If it is a release date (within 2 weeks of release) of a set, then no more than 2 days. (Trading is hectic at best at those times - it's the quick or the dead).

DF
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : How long is too long? Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : How long is too long? Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: How long is too long?   How long is too long? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 7:59 pm

I'll concur with the standard week response. Vacations, illnesses, unexpected business trips all put a crunch on our time, but most folks will find a way to check in sometime during a week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long is too long?   How long is too long? Empty

Back to top Go down

How long is too long?
Page 1 of 1