Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

4th Edition Treasure Tables

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ichimonji
 Brawler
 Brawler
Ichimonji

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-11-17

4th Edition Treasure Tables Empty
PostSubject: 4th Edition Treasure Tables   4th Edition Treasure Tables EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 12:53 pm

One of the many things that have changed about D&D with 4th Edition is a radical change on "treasure tables". I'm curious to see what other DMs think of the new treasure system. Have you been using the new Bundles system? I've used it (or at least a slightly changed version of it) when the players create a character that starts above 1st level to give them adequate equipment and some magic items. But I haven't really been using it all that much other than that. Lately I've been using a lot of modules, and RPGA adventures, so the treasure is already mapped out in there. But I haven't really taken the time to compare what the characters get from a module to the treasure bundles chart to see what other things they should be getting.

And is it just me, or does the new system plan for characters to be much much richer (and packed full of more magic items) than in the past? Maybe I was just a really stingy DM? lol
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : 4th Edition Treasure Tables Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : 4th Edition Treasure Tables Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : 4th Edition Treasure Tables Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: 4th Edition Treasure Tables   4th Edition Treasure Tables EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 1:41 pm

I am reading over the DMG as we speak (in between loading PDFs) And as I see it you maybe right, it is set up to make PCs richer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: 4th Edition Treasure Tables   4th Edition Treasure Tables EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 4:59 pm

Well, having never been stingy as far as wealth goes, I would have to say it still looks like it drops a ton of coin on the players. However, I kind of like this system. I would always get a bit bored when I would go through an entire level in someone's game and get 25 gp, a healing potion or two, a tire and an old boot to split amongst the party. I like getting treasure, it's part of the fun. Sure, *too* much would be bad in old editions, but I'm glad to see they fixed that problem in 4e. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Ichimonji
 Brawler
 Brawler
Ichimonji

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: 4th Edition Treasure Tables   4th Edition Treasure Tables EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 4:41 pm

ZER0 wrote:
Well, having never been stingy as far as wealth goes, I would have to say it still looks like it drops a ton of coin on the players. However, I kind of like this system. I would always get a bit bored when I would go through an entire level in someone's game and get 25 gp, a healing potion or two, a tire and an old boot to split amongst the party. I like getting treasure, it's part of the fun. Sure, *too* much would be bad in old editions, but I'm glad to see they fixed that problem in 4e. Surprised

I like giving out treasure too. Especially magical treasure! It doesn't have to be extremely powerful magic, sometimes the minor magic items can be the funnest. I love seeing my players come up with creative ways to use minor magic items, and sometimes they come up with things that I'd never even considered.

So, I was pretty disappointed when I looked through the list of magic items that came in the core books of 4th edition. It was a pretty short list. But I picked up the Adventurer's Vault and that's got a ton of great magic items in it.
Back to top Go down
Chosen of Mystra
Sage of Shadowdale
Defender of the Faith: Connor

Sage of ShadowdaleDefender of the Faith:  Connor
Chosen of Mystra

Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: 4th Edition Treasure Tables   4th Edition Treasure Tables EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 1:50 pm

Ya magic treasure is always the best. Love getting that and using it when DM forgets I had it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4th Edition Treasure Tables   4th Edition Treasure Tables Empty

Back to top Go down

4th Edition Treasure Tables
Page 1 of 1