Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Never Dmed a module before....but soon?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Never Dmed a module before....but soon? Empty
PostSubject: Never Dmed a module before....but soon?   Never Dmed a module before....but soon? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 4:00 am

I have been on and off being the DM since i was 11 years old (mostly off since 3rd ed) I have always made up my own worlds and have never tried an actual adventure module!
Now, a buddy and myself have been talking about playing an rpg game but lack other players.(there is sooooo few players of rpg or ddm here in the north) So we both decided what the hell...we will try an rpg with just the two of us...myself as the dm, and my bro as the "group". We ended last weeks gaming night with rolling a character for the leader of the group. He decided to go with a half elf Rogue/Fighter. I rolled up the other 3 player characters(henchmen) that my buddy will control. I wanted the party to be fairly balanced/versatile so i rolled stats for a druid/fighter, cleric and a wizard.
My buddy is a hack and slash type role player naturally so i want to give him an action oriented game.
I have a re-introductory adventure already made. (save the missing neice of a farmer from the goblin tribe...lol) The 1st quest will go down on tiles. The tribe of goblins is enough exp. and treasure to take the 4 character party through to the 2nd level. (if they clear the place out) The total tribe consists of 16 goblins, 4 worg (w/goblin riders) and the leader Snig the Axe. Luckily for the adventurers the goblin tribe is scattered throughout their den and they are not very organized. (although they will flee to the main den if they are able to...)
The farmer had given the party all the help he could with his measly possessions of 3 cure minor wounds potions. So...with any luck the group will make it out of the den with everyone alive. (i am going to take some pics of the re-introductory session with play by play battles :) )

Anyways....back to the point of this thread. Once the party is done the goblin slaughter, i have no plans for the group.(i made an exit on the north end of the dungeon to lead to ?) I want to try an adventure module....based on what you guys have read, can anyone think of an action based adventure module for 4 2nd level characters?
The goblin session will likely go down wednesday or thursday night.(and with 11 encounters we will be done in 6 hours or so i figure....so a one night session) We will then be able to start a module roughly a week later...(if i can get a copy in time) I may make another small adventure after the goblin to buy me some time while i get a suitable module.(particularily if a character dies in the goblin den)

Any ideas are appreciated. (especially hasty ones :) )
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Never Dmed a module before....but soon? Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Never Dmed a module before....but soon? Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Never Dmed a module before....but soon? Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Never Dmed a module before....but soon?   Never Dmed a module before....but soon? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 9:57 am

Moved to proper forum
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

Number of posts : 390
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Never Dmed a module before....but soon? Woot10
Registration date : 2007-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Never Dmed a module before....but soon?   Never Dmed a module before....but soon? EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 2:06 pm

Red Hand of Doom or the Fane of the Drow.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Never Dmed a module before....but soon?   Never Dmed a module before....but soon? EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 1:37 pm

red hand of doom is one that i keep hearing about...i had better look for a hard copy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never Dmed a module before....but soon?   Never Dmed a module before....but soon? Empty

Back to top Go down

Never Dmed a module before....but soon?
Page 1 of 1