Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Online Stores for Singles and Cases

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Online Stores for Singles and Cases Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Online Stores for Singles and Cases Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Online Stores for Singles and Cases Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Online Stores for Singles and Cases Empty
PostSubject: Online Stores for Singles and Cases   Online Stores for Singles and Cases EmptyTue Mar 13, 2007 8:36 am

Shops for singles:

Stay away from Battleworks!

Auggie's
Card Haus
Game Rocket
Game Wherehouse
Icon USA
Levalet
Mouzer Games
Myriad Games
Popular Collections
Strike Zone Online
Troll And Toad
Vesivus

Cases:

Battleworks
Etail Games
Game Outfitter
Icon USA
Mouzer Games
Popular Collections
RPG Shop
T Cards UK
USA Comic Books
Vesivus

Last edited by Kilsek on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

Number of posts : 931
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Online Stores for Singles and Cases Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Online Stores for Singles and Cases Woot10
<b>Trade Topic</b> : Here
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Online Stores for Singles and Cases   Online Stores for Singles and Cases EmptyTue Mar 13, 2007 8:55 am

GO Is Horrible for Canada and Icon Usa does not Export to Canada.
Back to top Go down
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11018554
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Online Stores for Singles and Cases   Online Stores for Singles and Cases EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 4:39 pm

I'm not sure where I saw this, but miniaturemarket.com has a double case including shipping which costs about $215-ish, and they'll ship it so you get it on the day of the release. That's where I'm going to try out for DoD1, 2 cases+prerelease instead of 2 prereleases, a release, a case, and boosters. That screwed me up on NB. I'm still missing a buttload Sad
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Online Stores for Singles and Cases   Online Stores for Singles and Cases EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 12:02 am

I've been dealing with All Star Trading Cards for the last few sets and I've yet to be disappointed with them. Cases, including shipping, have generally been about $110 each.

I first discovered them while going after boxes of the B5 CCG, and went back when I discovered that Potomac Distribution (or whatever they're called) was killing me on case price and shipping.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Online Stores for Singles and Cases   Online Stores for Singles and Cases EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 12:51 am

Troll and Toads shipping rates via their ebay store to canada are friggin' obscene....
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Online Stores for Singles and Cases   Online Stores for Singles and Cases EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 2:24 am

RedSkullz wrote:
Troll and Toads shipping rates via their ebay store to canada are friggin' obscene....

Not to mention their prices :blowup:
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Online Stores for Singles and Cases   Online Stores for Singles and Cases EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 6:38 am

Have you guys used any of the listed stores for singles much? I have only heard good things about auggies but i dont know about the others listed here.
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Online Stores for Singles and Cases   Online Stores for Singles and Cases EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 11:19 am

Vesivus and troll and toad are a bit more expensive. I've never ordered from them because I shop around. I have purchased from auggies, and can back up the fact that they're amazing and a half. Fast, cheap, safe (I can't tell you how mad I was ordering from someone other than them and seeing the box crumpled, and picking it up to have minis fall out of it!). I've also used capewestgames (just made an order, actually!). Their prices are very awesome. Their low-end rares from this set are going for $2 (well, so are auggies) hierophant, shadowbane, and exarch. All great RP pieces if you ask me, so I picked up a handful of each Very Happy. I'll be able to comment more detailed as of the day I get my stuff.

I neglected to mention what usually makes/breaks an ebay store isn't really its prices (though that's a big factor), it's the fact that some people (I believe troll and toad are included) DON'T COMBINE SHIPPING! This sucks ass when you realize you just bought like 20 commons and uncommons, and they're charging you 50 cents each additional item, and it ends up costing you $10, even though they all fit into the same little card box. Auggies and capewest games combine shipping. Auggies is BFF to my roleplaying side. "I think I need 40 kobolds for a room in my dungeon". Auggies:"dude, I can totally hook you up. At 10 cents a kobold with flat rate shipping, send me like $7, and they're yours!" Me:"Auggies, you're the bomb" Auggies: "Yeah. Hey, let me know if you need that drider sorcerer"
Back to top Go down
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

Number of posts : 931
<b>Trade Topic</b> : Here
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Online Stores for Singles and Cases   Online Stores for Singles and Cases EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 7:50 pm

LeValet Ends Up Costing More Than U$ Prices And Vesivus Kills Canadians On Shopping.Carta Magica In Montréal Is Where I Buy My Cases Now.

LeValet's Store Is Bigger.I Went To Both Last Saturday And Got Quite a Few Deals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11018554
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Online Stores for Singles and Cases   Online Stores for Singles and Cases EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:35 am

I've used Auggie's, HeroTown, Sun City, Avenger's something or other, and Hubb's Wholesale for singles and random supply purchases. They're all on eBay. I know a couple of them have changed some policies since I last purchased from them but I think that the general move has been to consolidate shipping charges.

Folks started getting wise to being charged $14 for shipping and "handling" on $7 worth of figures.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Online Stores for Singles and Cases   Online Stores for Singles and Cases EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:47 am

There is wayyyyy to much shipping thievery on ebay these days. I cant believe that ebay/pp doen't do something to stop the obscene shipping...after all they are losing a Ton of cash.
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Online Stores for Singles and Cases   Online Stores for Singles and Cases EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:52 am

for sure. I really hate shipping rates. One guy had it at $6 shipping for standard. He said it was to cover "handling fees and the $1 it cost to list it. Bah! :blowup:)
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Online Stores for Singles and Cases   Online Stores for Singles and Cases EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:59 am

The worst thing is it actually costs canadians $5.75 to send one mini....20 minis is also $5.75 though...lol
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Online Stores for Singles and Cases   Online Stores for Singles and Cases EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:27 pm

Shipping and handling is one of those things. Sellers need to recoup (in whole or in part) the cost of supplies like boxes, card sleeves/boxes and to pay for their time to pack the order. That's all the handling, etc. So there will almost always be some of that.

The key is probably not to search out the lowest price, but a slightly higher price where the "handling" is already factored into the cost of the minis. A good "business head" will know how many figures go out in an average order and will adjust things accordingly so that the average order turns a reasonable profit and so that that reasonable consumers won't have heart attacks when computing the shipping...

But some folks are just ignorant or greedy (I'm not sure which) and are just looking to scrape as many pennies together as possible as quickly as possible. That's irresponsible business at worst and short-sighted at best.

That's another reason why I like Auggie's. His prices are good, his shipping is cheap and his service is top notch. Auggie is 100% a business man in the best sense of the word that I'm familiar with.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer

Kilsek

PostSubject: Re: Online Stores for Singles and Cases   Online Stores for Singles and Cases EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:35 pm

Auggies is indeed the best!
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Online Stores for Singles and Cases   Online Stores for Singles and Cases EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:38 pm

I just made an order from auggies actually. Quite a big one. I'll let everybody know how it goes this time (they forgot to send me a mummy lord before).
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer

Kilsek

PostSubject: Re: Online Stores for Singles and Cases   Online Stores for Singles and Cases EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 11:31 am

Guys this is copied and pasted from MM:

07/23/2007 3:08 PM

I have joined to advise my fellow gamers worldwide to please be careful if considering purchasing items from Battleworks.net

In my experience with [these people], they have proven to be completely unreliable and quite possibly the most unhelpful person I have had the misfortune of dealing with on-line.

I was notified over a month ago by the Royal Mail that they were in receipt of returned goods, yet they fail to acknowledge this little fact and have renaged on the refund.

Also, if you are based in the UK, AVOID AT ALL COSTS! They are not EU shopper friendly and will declare [inaccurate] information on their item description so that you incurr a very large HM Customs Charge and Royal Mail handling charge.

I had a parcel containing miniatures valued at $60, yet [they] marked the parcel as containing goods valued at $190. This meant a charge of $58 !!!

I also had a parcel valued at $120 (Part of the aforementioned order) turn up at my door almost 3 months after the date I originally placed the order.

Their postage and packaging to the UK is designed so that they make a 100% profit on P&P.

To date, I am owed about $80 from them for returned goods, but I receive no answer to my emails.

Their cutomer service is non-existant!

[advertisement removed]

In summing up Battleworks.net, please do yourself a favour and avoid at all costs!

Kind regards,

MMM

UPDATE 6th August 2007

The last communication sent to me was on the 20th June 2007. It read...

Hello Richard,

We have not yet received it. We'll keep looking for it.

Thanks,
Sean: Shipping Manager

It is now 50 days later and no further communication regarding the returned parcel or refund has been made despite many attempts to obtain an update of the situation.

[...] I will let you all judge Battleworks.net yourself.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Online Stores for Singles and Cases   Online Stores for Singles and Cases EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 4:09 pm

Battleworks now has flat $7.50 shipping for singles to Canada...adding any books, boosters, etc cranks it up to $25.00

Last edited by on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Online Stores for Singles and Cases   Online Stores for Singles and Cases EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 4:10 pm

...but their prices suck...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Online Stores for Singles and Cases   Online Stores for Singles and Cases Empty

Back to top Go down

Online Stores for Singles and Cases
Page 1 of 1